Last updated: 03/05/2020
We will collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- For the purposes of processing recurring subscription payments, we will store your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 2 years after your final purchase/subscription for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Should you opt to host your website with us, this will be hosted on a secure Virtual Private Server with Heart Internet, whose data centres are staffed 24 hours a day every day of the year, with extensive physical security measures, including strict access control and CCTV. Both employees of Bee Marketing and Heart Internet will be able to access the data on your website including any customer data.
If you contact us through a contact form, we will collect your name, email address and message in order to process the request and respond to you appropriately.
This data will be retained indefinitely in order to effectively process any further queries you may have. We will not use this data for marketing purposes.
You can read more about which cookies are used on our site here: www.beemarketing.co.uk/cookie-policy/
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses Google Analytics, which tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions across the Website.
We also collect and store your IP address to run through our security filters to block malicious traffic.
Who we share your data with
We may share your data with specific third-parties when authorised, and your data will be subject to their respective privacy policies, including:
Google Analytics – this tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions across the Website.
Your IP address and associated information may be processed by Defiant Inc. through our use of the Wordfence Security plugin in order to monitor and block malicious traffic on our site.
Visiting websites linked from this site is at the users’ own discretion, and will be subject to their respective privacy policies.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
In order to request your data, please contact email@example.com.
Sensitive information: we do not seek sensitive information, including race, gender, sexual orientation etc., and you should refrain from posting this information anywhere across the website as this will be publicly accessible
Children’s information: we do not actively seek to attain information from those under the age of 16. If you are a parent/guardian and believe we hold this data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can immediately delete it.